Monday, November 22, 2010

next art


After my 1st tattoo, I always thought of getting some more but unfortunately, I don’t have enough money for that good thing Archie (a friend and the artist behind my tatts.) liked my design and did it for free. It’s an ancient writing from Egypt, I love hieroglyphics and ancient Egypt and somehow I’m into ancient civilization, SOMEHOW…hehehe..!
Now, im planning on getting my next tattoo and also to be done by Archie, but this time I wont be getting it for free, haha.!
Below is a design for my next tatt. It’s also from a forgotten civilization somewhere in Mexico, Columbia and Central America.
The adjective Mayan is sometimes used to refer to the indigenous peoples of parts of Mexico and Central America, their culture, language, and history. More formally, the use of "Mayan" is restricted to referring to an aspect of their languages; "Maya" is the adjectival form preferred when referring to non-linguistic aspects
Maya writing consisted of relatively elaborate set of glyphs, which were laboriously painted on ceramics, walls or bark-paper codices, carved in wood or stone, or molded in stucco.
The Maya script was a logo syllabic system. Individual symbols ("glyphs") could represent either a word (actually a morpheme) or a syllable; indeed, the same glyph could often be used for both. For example, the calendaric glyph MANIK’ was also used to represent the syllable chi. (It's customary to write logographic readings in all capitals and phonetic readings in italics.).
This will be my next tattoo. My mother and Fathers name
Maya inscriptions were most often written in columns two glyphs wide, with each such column read left to right, top to bottom.



Mayan Alphabet (Capitalized)

4 comments:

  1. yung artist mu..archie? siya ba yung taga gameworx dati yung meh malaking nunal??

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope..ahiezer real name nung nag tattoo skin..bkit.!?ex mo c mr.gameworx.!?=p

    ReplyDelete
  3. bka pede makilibre din?? hahaha
    mindreader much!?! uo meh ex ako dun..pero hnd ung archie! xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. wala na e..tpos na ung libre e..hehe.!=) may pera k nmn papalibre kp.!=p

    ReplyDelete